Friday, April 23, 2010

2010 East Cooper Coastal Triathlon

This was my 3rd race of the year, and finally, I was able to put together a good race from start to finish with no mechanical issues.

Training-wise, I had a productive winter and did a decent job of both maintaining my 2009 fitness, and integrating speed work back into my workouts. I was ready for my first race in March, but had some brake issues that cost me several minutes on the bike. During my second race, my chain snapped and I was unable to complete the bike portion of the race. Very disappointing considering how good I was feeling.

All I wanted to do last Sunday was have a good race with no problems. The swim went well, and although I got a little tired in the final push, my split was OK. I had a fast transition, and, finally, a good bike leg. I averaged around 20.75 MPH for the 16 mile course. My run split was 27 minutes for the 4-mile course. Grabbed 19th overall and 2nd in my division. That works for me.

Click here for 2010 race results and photos.

No comments: