Wednesday, May 21, 2008

12 Tacos

I just made a bet with a buddy of mine that I could eat 12 tacos. Well, sort of. I have 24 hours to decide. The bet is for $50. Here are the rules:

1. The tacos must be the standard Taco Bell taco (crunchy shell). Both parties have to be present when ordering, just to make sure there is no tampering with said tacos.

2. I can add sauce, if desired, and I can have the drink of my choice while eating.

3. I have a 30 minute time limit.

4. And of course, the golden rule, if I throw up during the 30 minutes, I lose.

That's the bet. We couldn't finalize it because we weren't able to agree on a time and place. He wants to do it soon because he fears I will sneak up to Taco Bell for a 'test run.' So I have 24 hours to pick the time and place, then we're both locked in.

I'm going to sleep on it tonight and see how I feel in the morning. I'm 80% sure I can eat 12 tacos. I'm a little apprehensive because once you get into 10-taco range, it's uncharerted territory. The unknown. There might be a wall our there that I can't get past. Now I know what Chuck Yeager must have felt like when he first attempted to break the sound barrier. And yes, I just compared eating 12 tacos to flying Mach 1 in a crop duster. If you can't see the similarities, I don't know what to tell you.

Lake Murray Triathlon Update

I had a great race up in Columbia on Sunday. Conditions were a little dicy because of high winds. The swim was super choppy, and headwinds on the bike are never fun. But I raced my race and finished with really good splits, cutting about 2 minutes of my time from last year.

The race filled to its 400 capacity. I think that's a first for this event. The number of triathletes continues to grow.

I did notice a couple thing that were a little different this year. Although Moes is still the title sponsor, they did not provide a post race meal. Bummer. There was only the standard assorted fruit and cookies. Not a big deal, but I was all set for a post race taco (just one). On a more positive note, the race shirt was a nice coolmax material instead of the standard cotton. Big upgrade.

Otherwise, it was business as usual. I highly recommend racing this event if you haven't done so. It's a Setup Events race, part of the SC Tri Series, and well organized. You can leave Charleston at 4:30 and get to the race site by 6:45. It's worth the drive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go big or go home. Don't be that guy, you know the one that's a wimp and doesn't rise to the occassion.

Go for it Rudy!