Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Why a multisport blog?

I've been on the multisport scene here in Charleston for about 10 years now and spend an inordinate amount of time training, racing, reading and thinking about races, and of course, looking for my next race. This is no small feat considering I have three kids under age 7, and a full-time job. Over the years I've accumulated massive amounts of information on all kinds of events throughout the southeast. This blog will serve as a resource to all who are a part of the multisport community. I'm going to dump everything right here.

If you are a runner, swimmer, triathlete, cyclist, MTBer, endurance athlete, adventure racer, kayaker, duathlete, or some twisted combination of these, there is something for you here. Besides providing great links to events and multisport information, I'm going to build a race profile section so that you can get a good feel for an event before you get there, complete with course info, random tips, typical # of competitors, bang for the buck, awards, post-race meal, etc. That's my vision. We'll just see how it unfolds.

One thing this blog won't be is a self-indulgent, look-at-me-type deal. I'm not here to give you my race report on how I performed. That's useless information. Plus, my wife says that I can't put up any pictures of me without my shirt on, so this blog won't be about me. It's about living the multisport lifestyle here in Charleston.

I'll be tweaking the links over the next few weeks trying to provide the best and most useful information. If I post a link to a shop or race, it's because I recommend it and have had only positive experiences.

If you see something I'm missing, let me know. My first race profile will be Setup Events' Parris Island Triathlon, which I'm racing this Saturday.

Thanks for reading,
JW

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well now i'm excited to learn so don't forget to post a new blog every now and then. I added a link to your blog on mine so you should be on your way to a million site hits in no time. :-)